Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mini Cinnamon Sugar Loaves ~ a weekend breakfast treat!

... or an everyday breakfast treat if you ask me.  I don't know too many kids that don't cave for anything coated in cinnamon and sugar.  In fact, I don't know any.  So this was a home run with my girls the other morning.  Very simple, very fast and very yummy in the tummy ... and I bet you have all of the ingredients on hand already ... so get bakin'!  (Of course, this utilizes the all-too-loved Brownie Pan.  My obsession continues.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk

Topping Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 350.
2.  Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl (my all-time favorite is the Classic Batter Bowl).
3.  In a small bowl, whisk together oil, 3/4 cup sugar, egg and milk.  (Again, I love the Small Batter Bowl).  Add to dry ingredients and stir only to combine; do not over stir.
4.  Use the Large Scoop to divide among Brownie Pan wells.  Bake at 350 for 16 minutes.  Remove from pan to cooling rack immediately.



5.  Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.  Dip the tops of each individual loaf into the butter, then into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. 





Store in a covered container or in a sealed Ziploc bag.  Or just eat them all at once.  Enjoy!



1 comment: