Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Ice Cream" Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!

The more fun the food, the better chances I have of my daughters finishing every last bite.  This was the case earlier this week when I made "Ice Cream" Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for them.  I cannot claim this brilliant idea as my own; it is something I found on Pinterest over the weekend.  I knew immediately that I needed to make it.



Ingredients (per sandwich):
1 banana
2 buttered slices bread
1 slice of cheese
1 quarter of strawberry

Directions:
  1. Cut off the crust of each piece of bread.  Do this carefully, as you will be using the crust to make the ice cream cone detail.
  2. Create the grilled cheese sandwich as you normally would.  (Place a slice of cheese between two buttered pieces of bread and place in skillet or griddle over medium heat.  Grill until golden brown).
  3. Cut the grilled cheese into a triangle shape, representing the cone.  (Save the extra for when your kiddo(s) would like seconds!)
  4. Place the crust over the bread in a waffle/criss-cross pattern to turn into the ice cream cone.
  5. Slice bananas (I love using this to quickly slice my bananas and in uniform shape in seconds!)
  6. Arrange banana slices on plate above the "cone" and top with the quarter strawberry!
  7. Watch your child's eyes widen in delight at their FUN lunch or dinner!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment